My main concern when moving to Dubai was I am…
It’s 3 pm. Your energy levels hit an all time low, you’re craving something sweet, but you don’t want to undo all your hard work at the gym with cookies and chocolate so you end up reaching for that stale rice cracker which has been festering in your desk drawer for a questionably long time…
But don’t fear! Madeleine Shaw is here to save us all from dodgy desk snacks with her Gluten Free Beetroot Bread recipe.
Yep, I can see you crinkling up your nose when I said the word beetroot. But go on, take a walk on the wild side with me for a minute and just listen. This bread will blow your mind. It’s earthy but slightly sweet at the same time, it’s moist and doesn’t need kneading, and most importantly it’s super easy to make. In short, it’s the thing of dreams.
So, before you write this one off give it a go! I guarantee it will become your new midday snack…
- 200g of gluten free porridge oats
- 250g of buckwheat or spelt flour
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- ½ tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tbsp of ground flax seed
- 400ml of almond milk
- 150g of raw beetroot, grated
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil or butter
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Mix the oats, flour, sea salt and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- Mix the flax seeds, almond milk, beetroot, oil and chia seeds together, then pour this in with the dry mix.
- Grease a loaf tin with oil and pour in the mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to completely cool in the tin then remove and slice into slices.
- Toast if you wish.
I’m always on the look out for healthy bread recipes so if you know of any other good ones then send them my way! In the mean time enjoy this one and check out Madeleine’s site for more delicious recipes.
Love, Becky x