I will admit something about this dessert, I made it…
- 2 eggs
- 2 peeled bananas
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- teaspoon of vanilla extract
- maple syrup, toffee sauce, or Nutella to serve (optional)
- fresh fruit of your choice, to serve
- In a blender, combine the banana, eggs, oats, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt.
- Blend until the mixture is as smooth as you want it and mixed well. Allow the batter to stand for 10-20 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Grease a pan with coconut oil or cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Fry spoonfuls of the batter (use an ice-cream scoop for equal measures) until large bubbles appear on the surface and they’re golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Serve with a drizzle (or ladle full if you’re feeling particularly indulgent) of your chosen sauce and fresh fruit of your choice. My favourite is strawberries and raspberries but you can try anything!
And that’s it! Your weekend treat sorted. Now all that’s left is to rope someone else into making them for you…. Enjoy!